Rich Cutler BSc(Hons) MA ARPS
Rich Cutler has a degree in chemistry. That might not be the most obvious statement with which to announce his interest in image-making – but what drew him to science lies also at the heart of his fascination with art: their common drive to explore and understand ourselves and the world. Complementing his scientific background, Rich holds a master’s degree in photography.
Rich is compelled by images of time and symbolism, and relationships between the historical and the present and between the sciences and the arts.
In addition to being a photographer, Rich provides editorial services for artists, authors and publishers, including copy-editing and proofreading. Recent projects include Ben Burbridge's Revelations, the Photoworks Annual and Julian Stallabrass’s Memory of Fire: The War of Images and Images of War.
- MA Photography (University of Brighton)
- BSc(Hons) Chemistry (City University, London)
- Associate of the Royal Photographic Society
- Advanced Member of the Society for Editors and Proofreaders
- 2016. Animalia, Sassoon Gallery, Folkestone
- 2014. Unit 8 (Brighton Photo Fringe), Platform Gallery, Brighton
(Shortlisted for the Danny Wilson Memorial Award 2014 Professionals' Choice)
- 2014. Untitled : Show, Untitled : Space, Brighton
- 2014. F Book Show, 72Gallery, Tokyo
- 2014. Retain:Reclaim, Stour Valley Arts, Ashford
- 2013. Response, Lucy Bell Gallery, St Leonards on Sea
- 2013. /world, University of Brighton
- 2011. The Fringe Show N.S.A.P. (Brighton Photo Fringe), AM Gallery, Brighton
- 2011. Brighton Photo Fringe, Add the Colour, Brighton
- 2008. Royal Photographic Society 151st International Print Exhibition, Allen & Overy, London