Rich Cutler BSc(Hons) MA ARPS
Rich Cutler has a degree in chemistry. That might not be the most obvious statement with which to announce his interest in image-making – but what drew him to science lies also at the heart of his fascination with art: their common drive to explore and understand ourselves and the world. Complementing his scientific background, Rich holds a master’s degree in photography.
Rich is compelled by images of time and symbolism, and relationships between the historical and the present and between the sciences and the arts.
In addition to being a photographer, Rich helps artists, authors and publishers to create books and other publications by providing book design, copyediting, proofreading and other services – see the services page and Helius (his publishing company). He has undertaken projects involving Atelier Éditions, The Courtauld Institute of Art, Frieze magazine, Photoworks and The Science Museum, London.
- MA Photography (University of Brighton)
- BSc(Hons) Chemistry (City University, London)
- Associate of the Royal Photographic Society
- Advanced Professional Member of the Chartered Institute for Editing and Proofreading
- 2020. Insecta, In-Between Gallery, Fabrica, Brighton (forthcoming)
- 2018. Digital Archaeology (Brighton Photo Fringe), Damage, Brighton
- 2016. Animalia, Sassoon Gallery, Folkestone
- 2014. Unit 8 (Brighton Photo Fringe), Platform Gallery, Brighton
(Shortlisted for the Danny Wilson Memorial Award 2014 Professionals' Choice)
- 2014. Untitled : Show, Untitled : Space, Brighton
- 2014. F Book Show, 72Gallery, Tokyo
- 2014. Retain:Reclaim, Stour Valley Arts, Ashford
- 2013. Response, Lucy Bell Gallery, St Leonards on Sea
- 2013. /world, University of Brighton
- 2011. The Fringe Show N.S.A.P. (Brighton Photo Fringe), AM Gallery, Brighton
- 2011. Brighton Photo Fringe, Add the Colour, Brighton
- 2008. Royal Photographic Society 151st International Print Exhibition, Allen & Overy, London